Project history - part 1


The project started in the spring 2000 when I bought my Amiga 1200. Previous owner had built it into IBM Aptiva 350 tower case which was functional but not so good looking. First task was to cover the two 5.25" disk bays with white cardboard as the case was missing the lid and add an Amiga sticker on top of IBM logo.



Setup at that point was:
  • A1200 motherboard rev 2B
  • Blizzard 1230-IV/50MHz with 16MB RAM
  • Quantum Fireball EL 5GB HDD
  • Hitachi 4x CD-ROM drive CDR-7730
  • Extra disk drive
  • DCE Internal Scan Magic
  • DCE keyboard adapter
  • Belinea 10 50 35 15" SVGA-display
Soon I bought also NE2000 compatible PCMCIA network card and 90 degree PCMCIA adapter as I wanted to connect my Amiga to network.

I was looking for a more stylish tower case that could host my Amiga, but as the budget wasn't too high me being a student at that point, I couldn't find a good case. So couple of years later when I heard about PC that was built into "HiFi" casing I got an idea that maybe that could be done also for Amiga.

So it was time to start the project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Amiga keyboard

History part 2 - First iteration

Finished set (at least for now)