Lost

Life went on and I didn't have much time for Amiga hobby and as I also didn't have too much space in the apartment(s) I decided to store my Amiga to my parents' house somewhere around 2011. That way it would be safe in warm room until I had more space again to put it back to action.

Three years later we had bought a house for our family so now I had opportunity to take the Amiga back into business. So one day in september I visited my parents and went to the cupboard that the Amiga was in and found nothing. I looked around the house later for other possible places but couldn't find it anywhere. I asked my parents that where is it but they couldn't remember. Only explanation would be that my dad had taken it to electronics recycling at some point.

I started to count in my mind that how much money it would take to get the same setup built again. I got pretty far until my parents called and told that my Amiga had been found. My dad had remembered giving some stuff to their neighbor's son and that something included my Amiga. Luckily he had it still around so I got it back and it was in pretty good shape. It had only lost two of its four chromed legs. I also tested it and found out it working fine. One thing that I noticed was that it was quite noisy, not that it had got noisier, but 2,5" inch hd drive and power supply fan were quite loud. So I got idea that maybe I should upgrade the Amiga a bit. At least change hdd to CF-card and maybe get a quieter power supply. I had also read about recapping needs of later Amigas because of the bad quality smd capacitors.

So it was time to fix my Amiga.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Amiga keyboard

Case design

History part 2 - First iteration